Here is how that works: You get some district0x DNT tokens into a suitable ERC20-compatible wallet (they suggest MetaMask), and then go to the district0x site and vote for a project. DNT tokens will probably be valuable for both economical and governance reasons.
Here is how I did it:
* The basic instructions are found in the voting area on the district0x site https://vote.district0x.io/
But I’ve detailed the steps more here.
* Set up a Liqui.io exchange account (because they trade the new district0x DNT token already, Bittrex doesn’t yet)
* Deposited some BTC or ETH into the exchange and traded it for DNT
* Install MetaMask wallet — a Chrome extension
* Withdrew the DNT tokens from Liqui.io into my MetaMask wallet.
* Instructed MetaMask about the new DNT token
* Transfered a small amount of ETH into the MetaMask wallet too, to pay for the gas of the voting process.
* Went to the voting area on the district0x site https://vote.district0x.io/
* Scrolled down to find Decentraland
* Launched Metamask (so it is running in the Chrome browser for sure, else the Vote button will be greyed out)
* Clicked on the VOTE word JUST BELOW the Decentraland progress indicator (not above the Decentraland section).
* MetaMask will pop up asking you to Submit (or reject) the vote. You don’t lose any DNT in voting, just a small ETH mining fee.
* Once your Tx is fully confirmed, your DNT balance will be added to the vote on the district0x site.
* If you change the amount of DNT in that wallet, you will change your vote!